Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Jaws


No spiders were hurt in the taking of the pictures for this blog. We were very gentle in relocating all of the spiders and no one fainted while looking at them. "Jaws", as I am now lovingly referring to the spider in the picture above was left on the ceiling. When I went to show him to Darren later that evening, he was no where to be found. Who knows, he may be out there still, waiting to startle yet another unsuspecting person just trying to do their laundry.
In the future, I will remember to put in the detergent...adjust the water level...pick a temperature...and always look up before doing any of the above.

All pictures in these posts were taken at our friend's farm in Tammin, Western Australia, where we stayed while Darren did some renovations in nearby Kellerberrin for three weeks in September and October 2008. We had a wonderful time!

I hope you enjoyed all of the pictures! For more exciting adventures, feel free to read my main blog, Rhymes With Socks at http://www.rhymeswithsocks.blogspot.com . Thanks! :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Jenn, you are right - these spiders are creepy and fascinating at the same time. That last fella looked like a skinny tarantula - wonder if it's in the same family? I see tarantulas now and then here in southern AZ but they are gentle and I will actually let one climb onto my hand in order to relocate it (in other words get it off the sidewalk). I really did feel bad about the black widow.